In todays fast paced life where most of our food intake is based on highly processed food and we are exposed to numerous toxins, our kidneys bear the burden of our unhealthy dietary choices as their job is to flush out harmful toxins and waste products from our body in order to keep our system clean and healthy.
Kidneys play an essential role in removing toxins and waste from our body, releasing three essential hormones: renin, calcitriol and erythropoietin and regulation of water. So many people do not know how essential to detoxify and cleanse their kidneys so as to keep healthy. Many diseases begin from the urinary system, it is of necessity to keep them in perfect condition.
SYMPTOMS THAT INDICATE THAT YOU NEED KIDNEY CLEANSING
- If you have skin problems, recurring urinary tract infections
- If you have chronic fatigue and frequent bloating
- If you are excessively thirsty
- If your back hurt above the waist
- If you have high or low blood pressure
- If your the frontal and lower areas of the abdomen hurt
- If your ankles always swell at night
- Presence of bladder stones or kidney stones is enough reason to cleanse your kidneys.
At this point, you should be thinking of detoxifying your kidneys. The longer you allow toxins to build up in your kidneys, the more you are at risk for renal failure or renal disease.
Imbalances in the kidney can be prevented in the following ways:
- Avoid too much of salt or processed foods so as to avoid kidney failure or formation of stones.
- Do not eat many dairy products like whole milk
- It is very crucial to control your diet so as to prevent the number of toxins in the body from increasing. Toxins go to the blood so it cannot be removed through urine.
- Do not take too many sugared beverages or alcoholic beverages because they allow calcium to be removed fast.
- Reduce the intake of animal proteins because it will help calcium to move in the urine, that increase the chances of suffering from stones.
- Take a diet that is rich in natural fruits, natural foods, and vegetable juices
- Reduce the intake of medications like ibuprofen, Aspirin
- Eat large quantity of fruits with diuretic properties such as grapefruit, cucumber, oranges, watermelon, lettuce, lemons, and carrots.
- Drink normal quantity of water every day so that your urine is almost transparent or light yellow color.
BEST HOME REMEDIES TO DETOX AND CLEANSE YOUR KIDNEYS
A good health maintenance can be achieved by checking the health of the kidneys. So to keep your kidney healthy, here are some magnificent ways to kidney cleansing. The methods are easy to implement and you can cleanse the kidneys at home without any side effects:
BEST HERBS TO CLEANSE KIDNEYS
- Ginger: is a good herb that can be used perfectly to carry out kidney cleansing, because it washes away harmful microbial content of the body and improves digestion.
How to make ginger tea include:
- Simmer 2teaspoons of freshly grated ginger in 2 cups of hot water for few minutes. Add honey 1/2teaspoon and lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon and stir well. Drink 2 to 3 times daily. Repeat for few weeks to get your kidney properly cleansed.
- Add dry or raw ginger in your everyday cooking to keep your kidney in good condition.
- Marshmallow: It contains diuretic properties which help to increase urine flow. It helps to remove the build-up of toxins from the kidney. Thus, marshmallow can fight urinary tract, bladder and kidney infections.
To prepare this home remedy:
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried marshmallow leaves and roots to 1 cup of hot water
- Steep for 10 minutes and strain out the liquid.
- Drink 2 cups in a day for 1 week to cleanse your kidneys.
Note that breastfeeding, diabetes patients or pregnant women cannot take marshmallow tea.
- Turmeric: It contains cleansing properties. It purifies the blood, detoxifies the liver and cleanses the kidney. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which can prevent and treat kidney infections and inflammation.
- Add 1teaspoon of raw turmeric juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper, a small quantity of honey in warm water, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Drink once a day for few weeks.
- OR, add 1/2 teaspoon of dry ginger powder and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to 2 cups of hot water. Leave for 10 minutes, and strain.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Drink once a day for few weeks.
- Little raw turmeric can be eaten or add to your meals.
- Celery: The roots and leaves of celery have natural diuretic properties which help in removing harmful materials from the body by increasing urination. It also contains, vital nutrients such as sodium and potassium that stimulate the kidneys, thus it can prevent kidney infections and stones.
- Blend 2 celery ribs, 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, 1 cucumber and 1 carrot together to make nice juice.
- Drink 1 cup of celery juice daily for 3 weeks to get the best result.
- Parsley: Is a natural diuretic herb that can cleanse the kidneys with increased urination to remove germs out of the kidneys.
- Add 1 tablespoon of crushed parsley and 1cup of hot water together.
- Cover and steep for 8 minutes
- Strain the liquid out
- Drink 2 cups daily for your kidneys cleansing.
- This herb can also be included in your salad and other dishes.
Note: Do not eat a large quantity of parsley if pregnant.
- Dandelion root: Due to its diuretic properties, it cleanses both the liver and kidneys. It soothes irritation in the urinary system. To make dandelion tea:
- Boil 2teaspoons of dried dandelion root in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Cover and steep for 10 minutes
- Strain, add 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Drink 2 times a day.
Best Drinks for Kidneys Cleansing
Here are some best drinks for cleansing your kidneys in a better way, apart from the herbs mentioned above.
- Lemon Juice: It contains Citric acid and vitamin C, that prevents kidney stone formation.
- Squeeze 3 to 4 fresh lemons to a half glass of cold water.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of honey to the mixture and mix
- Drink this juice to cleanse the kidney from toxins
- Watermelon Juice: It’s a source of potassium and contains 99% of water. This helps to flush out toxins from your body.
- Blend 2 to 3 cups of watermelon and 1 peeled lime together.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of honey to the mixture and stir well.
- Then, drink to clean your kidneys.
- Beet Juice: Beets are very healthy. It contains antioxidants and can increase the acid of the urine.
- Blend 1 big peeled beet and 1 fresh peeled ginger together very well.
- Drink the juice frequently for your kidneys cleansing.
- Radish Juice: Radishes are excellent detoxifiers. It helps to flush out impurities from the kidneys. Are you a victim of kidney stones, drinking radish juice is the best remedies to remove the kidney stones.
- Blend 1 cup of Radish slices, 1 cup of purple Cabbage, 1 Celery rib together
- Drink to cleanse your kidney.
- Cucumber and Carrot juice: They have extensive ability to cleanse kidneys. They remove all the toxins in a perfect way when they are combined.
- Chop the 1 cucumber and 2 carrots to pieces and blend them together.
- Drink the juice regularly for kidney cleansing.
Some other tips to detoxify and cleanse your kidney at home:
- Kidney can be cleansed when you cultivate the habit of drinking combination of healthy liquid and juices, which can include vegetable juice, fruit juice or both.
- Avoid fried and processed foods.
- Drink lots of water is very important to keep your kidney pure. Water is a great solvent and also help in removing all the harmful and toxins from the body.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and smoking, it is harmful to your kidney.
- Exercise frequently.
- Ensure to keep your cholesterol level in check, and you notice you are if overweight, try to reduce your weight.,
- Eat healthy foods like vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains food.
Following the home remedies of herbs, juices, and tips listed above, will enable you overcome the problem of infected and unclean kidneys. They are the best home remedies that can help you to have healthy kidneys.